Leading SEND & Inclusion in a mainstream setting Conference
A unique networking and collaborative learning and development opportunity…
These events are an opportunity for leaders at schools, colleges and settings across the country to come together for a day of sharing and development.
In addition to workshops and presentations led by colleagues including Prof. Barry Carpenter CBE, Diane Rochford OBE, Vijita Patel (Principal, Swiss Cottage School), James Waller (Principal, Sunningdale School), Cheryl Gaughan (JMAT Schools) and Alistair Crawford (St Martins & St Andrews Schools) there will be comprehensive case studies and lightning talks from schools within the community, plus workshop time and structured roundtable discussions.
Each day will be a great opportunity to share and discuss interpretations and approaches to SEND and inclusion with other school and trust/local authority leaders and practitioners.
We’re thrilled to invite you and your colleagues to attend the following event:
Date: 27th March 2024
Time: 9:45 to 3pm
Location: Professional Development Centre Rockingham, Roughwood Road, Rotherham, S61 4HY
Full day event. Lunch and refreshments provided.
Venue details: https://www.rotherham.gov.uk/directory-record/52984043/rockingham-professional-development-centre
The day will feature:
– Keynote sessions and workshops
– Ofsted: Headteacher reflections on a recent inspection
– Case studies from schools
– Most importantly roundtable discussions providing opportunities to connect, share and learn with colleagues from across the community.
– Networking opportunities over lunch and refreshments.
* The day will be a great opportunity to share and discuss interpretations and approaches to SEND and inclusion with other school leaders. *
Speakers / Facilitators include:
Prof. Barry Carpenter CBE, Diane Rochford OBE, Vijita Patel, James Waller, Cheryl Gaughan, Martin Stanley, Alistair Crawford, Alex Revens
The underlying theme of the event will be the exploration and discussion of how as leaders and practitioners we can develop and nurture truly inclusive and personalised approaches to curriculum, pedagogy and assessment, as well as systemise reflective practice and inquiry across the whole school.
At the heart of the event are a series of workshops and roundtable discussions. Here’s an overview of the big questions and themes that we’ll be exploring and discussing as a group…
Everyone will be together for the morning sessions in mixed roundtable groups with the opportunity to network and discuss with colleagues from different settings…
* Keynote speeches from Professor Barry Carpenter CBE and Diane Rochford OBE explore the increasingly complex and rapidly changing cohorts across in our mainstream settings and inquiry-based approaches to develop inclusive, aspirational provision for all learners regardless of their needs.
* Case studies and exemplification from a range of outstanding mainstream settings along with roundtable discussions to share knowledge and expertise with leaders and teachers from across the country.
Following lunch, afternoon workshops led by a range of leading national practitioners cover key issues across the education landscape including …
* Inclusive curriculum
* Adaptive teaching
* Engagement and personalised learning through Play
* Evidence-based approaches to school development and leading a successful Ofsted Inspection through the lens of SEND & Inclusion.
Roundtable Discussion & Networking
As with all EfL LearningShared events, the emphasis of each day will be on discussion, learning and networking… giving you lots of opportunity to meet and forge relationships with new partners and collaborators for your professional networks. The format of the whole day is roundtable discussion and networking, both structured through our agenda and freeform during lunch and break times.
** This is a very unique opportunity to come together with leaders from mainstream settings across the region and country for a full day of shared learning and networking. **
Please note: The precise agendas for each event may vary slightly. Please get in touch with any queries.